From November 1st until December 9th, FIVE of Albuquerque’s favorite breweries will donate proceeds from a designated beer to the Storehouse!
To celebrate, each Friday night (and one Saturday) from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm we’ll be at a different brewery location with the 94 Rock morning show (Swami Rob, Mahoney, and Skyler). At each brewery we will have an information booth, games, and items for sale including commemorative beer glasses and Hops for Hunger gift sets. People can get a passport stamped for each stop for Hops for Hunger and enter to win prizes.
The proceeds from the Storehouse beers still get donated if you order during the entire promotion period, not just during the live remotes.
Live remote broadcast schedule:
|Red Door Downtown Taproom||400 Gold Ave SW|
|Steel Bender Brewyard||8305 2nd St NW|
|Santa Fe Albuquerque Taproom||3600 Cutler Ave NE|
|Bosque Brewing||8900 San Mateo Blvd NE|
|Alien Brew Pub||6601 Uptown Blvd NE|
How you can help:
- Drink the Storehouse beer at each of these generous breweries! (We’re twisting your arm, we know.) Most are donating 100% of the proceeds! (Please remember to drink responsibly). In case you were wondering…
- Red Door Downtown Taproom – Imperial Red IPA – November 1st until December 9th
- Steel Bender Brewyard – Plymouth Rock & Rye – November 1st until December 9th
- Bosque Brewing – a portion of all beers at the San Mateo/Alameda location – December 1 only
- Santa Fe Albuquerque Taproom – Helles Beer – November 1st until December 9th
- Alien Brew Pub – Single Hop IPA – November 13th until December 23rd
- Visit us during the live remotes and bring your favorite beer drinkers with you! The more breweries see the benefit to them, the more likely they are to participate again next year.
- Post pictures of your brewery excursions using the hashtag #hopsforhunger. For some strange reason, beer pictures get a lot of reach on the internet and we want EVERYONE to know this is happening.
- Share the Hops for Hunger Facebook events on your social media posted by the Storehouse Facebook page (each brewery will have a different event). Here’s is this Friday’s event at Santa Fe Brewing Company at Green Jeans.
- Let the brewery owners know how much you appreciate them supporting the Storehouse this holiday season!
- Make a donation! You are welcome to bring canned goods and shelf-stable foods to donate. However, since the Storehouse can purchase food at wholesale prices, financial donations are most appreciated. A donation of $1 means that the Storehouse can buy 5 meals for local people in need. If people cannot attend, but would still like to help us fight hunger in New Mexico, they can donate on our website or simply text the word HUNGER to (505)207-0208 to give to this cause.
The Storehouse is New Mexico’s largest food pantry, feeding about 50,000 people a year. We support all ages, from babies to seniors and everyone in between who needs food. This is especially important work because New Mexico ranks among the worst in the nation for hunger in children and adults. One in 4 children is going hungry in New Mexico. The Storehouse needs the support of donors and volunteers to continue this mission.